Maintenance & Emergencies
Emergency repairs vs routine repairs
We ask that you always try to contact your Property Manager first, however if it is after hours and/or you cannot contact the Property Manager, you are permitted to contact an emergency contractor directly.
It is important that you know that should the issue not be deemed an emergency as defined in your lease agreement, you may be responsible for the account. An emergency repair is something that is likely to cause injury or which makes the property unsafe or insecure. (For example burst water service, serious leak, serious electrical fault).
Emergency repairs may be arranged up to the value of 2 weeks rent as per your lease agreement.
You can only contact the owner’s tradesperson as nominated in your lease.
Our main after hours tradespeople are:
- Connect 4 Electrical: 0415 944 448
- Northlakes Plumbing (Plumbing only): 07 3491 8489
- All Districts Plumbing (Gas only): 0439 886 909
Other important contacts for an emergency:
- Life Threatening Emergency: 000 (Police, Fire, Ambulance)
- Flood/Storm Emergency: 132500 (SES QLD)
- Emergency repairs are works needed to repair any of the following:
- a burst water service or serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken lavatory system;
- a serious roof leak;
- a gas leak;
- a dangerous electrical fault;
- flooding or serious flood damage;
- serious storm, fire or impact damage;
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises;
- a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on the premises for hot water, cooking or heating;
- a fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure;
- a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the premises;
- a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of the premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the premises
2. Routine repairs are repairs other than emergency repairs.
(Emergency requests must be made by phone. Photos can be sent by email).